NEW JERSEY REOPENS IN TIME FOR TENET
Bow Tie Cinemas Open Friday In New Jersey
Hoboken, South Orange, and Ridgewood locations open with Tenet and other new Hollywood movies
RIDGEFIELD, CONNECTICUT, September 3, 2020 – Bow Tie Cinemas is pleased to announce that it will open its Hoboken, South Orange and Warner Ridgewood theaters on Friday, September 4, the first official day movie theaters are able to open in the state of New Jersey. With quick access via car and train, these locations could temporarily become the “neighborhood” theater for many New York City residents eager to see Christopher Nolan’s Tenet this weekend.
All three theaters will play Tenet, as well as a mix of The New Mutants, Unhinged, and Bill & Ted Face the Music. Tickets are on sale now for all locations at www.BowTieCinemas.com and on the Bow Tie App.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, Bow Tie Cinemas has instituted numerous new policies to keep its customers and employees safe and to comply with applicable guidelines. They include:
- 100% reserved seating in all auditoriums
- Auditorium capacity limitations of 25% of available seating
- A temporary waiver of all advanced ticketing fees on its website or mobile app
- Selling seats in an alternating pattern so that each customer will have an empty seat on either side
- Upgrades to its mobile app and lobby kiosks to allow for contact-free purchasing of tickets and concession items
- Mandatory wearing of facemask for staff and customers in all parts of the theater unless consuming food and beverages in their seat
- Installation of plexiglass barriers at box office and concession
- Frequent cleaning of touch points throughout the day
- Enhancements to overnight professional cleaning
- Added social distancing markers and directional signage
- Limitations on restroom and lobby capacities
Bow Tie is also one of the hundreds of Exhibitors participating in the CinemaSafe NATO initiative. The chain has safely re-opened select theaters in Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia over the past few months.
“The safety and comfort of our guests and employees during this challenging time is our top priority as we re-open. Our teams will strive every day to provide a safe, clean and comfortable environment for our valued guests to enjoy the first class entertainment experience they’ve come to expect at Bow Tie Cinemas and we look forward to welcoming everyone back to the movies,” says Bow Tie Cinemas’ Owner and CEO, Ben Moss.
A reopening message from CEO, Ben Moss and COO, Joe Masher can be seen here.
About Bow Tie Cinemas
Bow Tie Cinemas is a four-generation family-owned cinema company headquartered in Ridgefield, CT. Bow Tie Cinemas owns and operates 25 luxury cinemas in Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, and Colorado.