CRITERION IN SARATOGA SPRINGS REOPENS DECEMBER 18
Bow Tie Cinemas Criterion Cinemas 11 & BTX in Saratoga Springs to Re-Open December 18th
Exhibitor now boasts two of the only movie theaters open for the holidays in the Capital Region
RIDGEFIELD, CONNECTICUT, December 10, 2020 – Bow Tie Cinemas is pleased to announce that it will open its Criterion Cinemas 11 & BTX in downtown Saratoga Springs on Friday, December 18, ahead of the holiday season. The Criterion shares a re-opening date with the previously announced Movieland in Schenectady. These theaters will be two of the only multiplexes open in the Capital Region during the holiday season.
The Criterion and Movieland will play brand new Hollywood releases like Wonder Woman 1984, Tom Hanks’ News of the World, Monster Hunter and more. Tickets for Wonder Woman 1984 are now on sale and other holiday movies will be available for purchase in the coming days at www.BowTieCinemas.com and on the Bow Tie App.
Customers of both locations will be able to host a Private Movie Party for up to 20 guests in the comfort of their own auditorium. The private screening is a fun and safe way to return to the movies in a secluded space with friends, family, and proper social distancing. A Private Movie Party can be easily booked on Bow Tie’s website for as low as $99.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, Bow Tie Cinemas has instituted numerous new policies to keep its customers and employees safe and to comply with applicable guidelines. They include:
- 100% reserved seating in all auditoriums
- Auditorium capacity limitations of 25% of available seating
- A temporary waiver of all advanced ticketing fees on its website or mobile app
- Selling seats in an alternating pattern so that each customer will have an empty seat on either side
- Upgrades to its mobile app and lobby kiosks to allow for contact-free purchasing of tickets and concession items
- Mandatory wearing of facemask for staff and customers in all parts of the theater unless consuming food and beverages in their seat
- Installation of plexiglass barriers at box office and concession
- Frequent cleaning of touch points throughout the day
- Enhancements to overnight professional cleaning
- Added social distancing markers and directional signage
- Limitations on restroom and lobby capacities
Bow Tie is also one of the hundreds of Exhibitors participating in the CinemaSafe® NATO initiative. There have been zero cases of COVID-19 transmission or spread from a movie theater nationwide. The chain has safely re-opened select theaters in Colorado, Connecticut, New Jersey & Virginia over the past few months.
“We are thrilled to be able to re-open our Criterion Cinemas in Saratoga Springs on December 18th along with the Movieland in Schenectady. We are ready to demonstrate our CinemaSafe® protocols to our loyal audience and will ensure everyone has a great experience!” says Bow Tie Cinemas’ Chief Operating Officer, Joseph Masher.
About Bow Tie Cinemas
Bow Tie Cinemas is a four-generation family-owned cinema company headquartered in Ridgefield, CT. Bow Tie Cinemas owns and operates 20 luxury cinemas in Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, and Colorado.